P&H Virgo MZ3 Skeg Kayak
LIMITED AVAILABILITY - Please get in touch here to check stock.
A compact take on classic sea kayak design. An ideal choice for those looking for accessible performance for day trips and the occasional overnight. Shown here in MZ3 single layer plastic and skeg fitting for easy of tracking in windy conditions.
The Virgo is an absolute staff favourite here at Robin Hood Watersports. We ask customers to honestly consider how many expeditions and overnight trips they are likely to undertake. If the answer is only a few each year then why not benefit from the Virgo's effortless off the water handling, while making the most of epic performance once on the water. The mini day hatch has long been lacking from this category but can now be added as an optional extra, giving you useful easily accessible storage in front of the cockpit. One thing we love is the low profile back deck, making rolling or re-entry effortless.
Available here in MZ3 single layer plastic construction. MZ3 is extremely robust and will offer a lifetime of fond memories with minimal need for maintenance or concern of damage.
The compact design and a defined carving rail combine to give responsive manoeuvrability for exploring varied coastline environments, and high stability ensures you can venture into the unknown with confidence too.
LV - 2 (3 including optional mini bow hatch)
MV - 2 (3 including optional mini bow hatch)
HV - 3 (4 including optional mini bow hatch)
Length:457 (HV), 443cm (MV), 429cm (LV)
Width: 62 (HV), 58.5 (MV), 56cm (LV)
Internal Cockpit Length:81cm
Internal Cockpit Width:42cm
MZ3 Weight: 29kg (HV), 24.5kg (MV), 24kg (LV)
MAX PADDLER WEIGHT
130kg (HV) 100kg (MV), 80kg (LV)
- A V-hull cuts cleanly through the water and tracks beautifully but softens towards the centre of the boat for comfortable stability and easy release.
- Moderate rocker allows the Virgo to pick up and carry speed efficiently when flat but swing around effortlessly on edge.
- Hard chines engage for carving performance when edging into the turn.
- A moderately steep bow ensures a high proportion of the length acts as effective waterline for hull speed.
- Flared bow edges give a dry ride through choppy water and lift the boat over waves on the paddle out from the shore.
- Carefully planned bow deck geometry provides stiffness and strength for deep water rescues.
- A low, ergonomically shaped rear deck allows easy rolling and re-entry, with a paddle shaft recess for bracing during entry.
- Bulkheaded bow and stern main hatches with market-leading KajakSport hatch covers for secure storage and a reliable seal.
- Functional details such as split paddle recesses, a drop-forged, anodised aluminium security point, a paddle park, and a full complement of deck lines and bungees.
- P&H's famously comfortable, highly-adjustable and reliable Connect outfitting.