Cylinder Visual Inspection
Cylinder testing usually takes 7-10 days and comes with an air fill Included.
Diving cylinders require a Hydrostatic test every 5 years and a visual Test every 2.5 years. Gun Cylinders only require a Hydrostatic test every 5 years. The cylinders can be identified by the valves fitted, if the cylinder has a standard diving valve then it has to be tested as a diving cylinder, even if you’re only using it for surface use. If the valve fitted is a surface charging valve with gauge and bleed screw then it’s classed as a surface cylinder and only requires the hydrostatic test every 5 years.
If you’re wanting to use your cylinder with Nitrox then we can perform the Oxygen clean at the same time as the test for a reduced price. Oxygen cleaning lasts for 15 months so getting it done at the same time as the test is the most cost effective way of doing it. The cylinder will be returned with an air fill or if you would like a specific blend instead just let us know when you drop the cylinder off and we will charge you for the Nitrox blend then
- Cylinders stripped of all stickers and valve removed
- Full valve service – standard service parts included
- Cylinder visual inspection
- Valve Installation
- Air Fill
- Any additional valve parts not included as standard like new hand wheel etc.
- Shot Blasting
- If the cylinder requires shot blasting internally this will be charged at £15 per cylinder but we will contact you before we do it
- Nitrox Fills
- If you’re having your cylinder oxygen cleaned at the same time as the test and would like a nitrox fill once complete the Nitrox fill will be an additional cost.
Once you have booked your service you can bring your cylinder down to the shop any time between 9-5pm, Monday- Saturday and we will book it on for you, just bring your order confirmation with you when you bring the cylinder down.