Palm Surge Jacket
A do-it-all whitewater jacket with superior features, suitable for a variety of paddlers and conditions. Made from midweight XP 2.5-layer material with natural latex gaskets.
- XP 2.5-layer fabric
- YKK AquaGuard zipped chest pocket
- 689 g (L)
- Latex gasket with velcro adjustable outer collar
- Latex gaskets with velcro adjustable cuffs
- Velcro adjustable neoprene waistband
- Twin waist
- Reflective details
XP 2.5-layer fabric
- Our hard working 2.5-layer fabric offers a great combination of durability, waterproofness, breathability and light weight. 1) Nylon woven face fabric treated with a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) to prevent the fabric from becoming waterlogged so that it stays breathable.2) A hydrophobic, microporous polyurethane coating is applied to the face fabric. The pores are too small to allow water droplets to pass through, but large enough for water vapour to pass.2.5) On the inside a smooth textured diamond matrix print protects the microporous coating from abrasion and improves moisture dispersal. Waterproofness: 10,000 mm. Breathability: 4,000 g/m2/24hrs. Breathability tested by the A1 method.
- This stretchy natural rubber neck gasket inside the collar minimises water ingress, keeping the inside of the garment largely dry even when fully immersed underwater.
- Jackets and pants have an inner skirt in addition to the adjustable outer waistband. The twin waist minimises water ingress between your jacket or pants and spraydeck.
- A splashproof zip with a polyurethane tape to keep the rain out when paddling. AquaGuard zips have no sealed ends and are not fully waterproof when immersed.