Palm Kaikoura Buoyancy Aid
Wind, waves and exposure, open water can remind you how small we are. The Kaikoura is perfect for tackling big adventures, whether you're using one blade or two. Flex Fit buoyancy foam is the final word on comfort and safety.
With carefully placed pockets and stowage, the Kaikoura will carry everything you need, close to hand, even when conditions get rough.
- CORDURA® 500D
- Vent Mesh liner
- YKK front zip entry
- Flex Fit
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Reflective details
- 3D anti ride-up waistbelt
- Easy Glide straps
- Large front pockets with internal compartmentsâ€š
- clip-in points and two-way zippers for VHF radio aerial
- Fleece lined handwarmer pockets
- Large rear pocket
- 1242 g (M/L)
- EN ISO 12402-5 / 12402-6
- Neoprene lined underarm for comfort
- Clip-in points and lash tabs
- Hydration Bladder compatible
I am certified
- These PFDs pass ISO 12402-5 (water sports) and ISO 12402-6 (paddlesport) standards. The majority of our PFDs have up to 20% more buoyancy than the ISO/CE standard and our whitewater models have up to 40% more buoyancy than the 50 N required. Palm were the first to make PFDs to these ISO standards.
- Fabric with an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, and high resistance to tears and abrasion. We use CORDURA® for the seat and knee areas of technical outerwear and for other high wear gear such as PFDs and throwlines.
- A major innovation in PFD development: bonded into pre-formed shapes, the buoyancy foam curves around your body for unparalleled comfort and freedom of movement. This also allows us to tailor foam panels for a women's specific cut without compromising buoyancy. Maximum floatation with minimum bulk. Try a Flex Fit PFD on and the benefits will be immediately apparent.
3D anti ride-up waistbelt
- A grippy rubber finish prevents your PFD from riding up when in use, and the adjustable waistbelt is positioned on the inside of the buoyancy foam panel for full contact around your waist.
Hydration Bladder compatible
- Drink on the move without dropping your paddle or opening compartments, from a pocket to accommodate a drinks bladder.